Friday, December 1, 2006

Initiation

I am officially a Mom. James spit/vomited on me twice last night. I was in my third shirt of the night when Jim came home from pool. I tried feeding James at 9pm but he wouldn't fall asleep and seemed to have some stomach issues. Finally we put him in our room until his 11:30pm feeding because he wanted his pacifier. I had him next to our bed so I could keep replacing it.

After that, it was back to normal. He feeds really well. At night, by keeping the lights dim and interaction to a minimum, he's able to fall asleep immediately after his diaper change and feeding. He's still up every 2 1/2 hours though. Jim got up at 3am (as I was finishing his 2:30 feeding) because he couldn't sleep. Poor Jim ended up staying up and he took over the next feeding. I was able to sleep four hours straight! I got up at 7am to relieve Jim again.

I think Jim is downstairs in the basement napping.

I was going to take James on some errands but now I don't feel up to it. I haven't ventured out with him (alone) yet and I need to practice. I hope to become a pro this weekend :)

New pics: Grandma Julie made James a knit hat! Tia Ana gave knitting lessons and this is her first project. She did real good! :) See pics in Baby Album "James-Week Four"

No comments:

Post a Comment