Monday, January 15, 2007

MLK Day

My fieldtrip was cancelled! I am at home with James and Jim today. Yay! I was supposed to take 10 students to the Martin Luther King event and rally in St. Paul. The event was cancelled due to the snow (we got a couple of inches). I can't say I was too disappointed because I wasn't looking forward to the cold! It would have been a cool event though- I have never been to a rally.

James is peaceful again in his swing. He was a bit fussy last night, waking up a couple of times between his feedings. He did not sleep the seven hours straight like the night before. Oh well! It will happen again soon, I'm sure. It must have been because he didn't have a full day of 6 oz big bottles.

When he woke up last night he was a very pretty, smiley baby. Its harder to put him back to sleep when he's like this though. He woke up the same way this morning at 7am. I came downstairs to call my students (cancelling the event) and I could hear James on the monitor, cooing and playing in his crib. He did this for at least 15 minutes before he sounded fussy and I went to get him, bringing him downstairs. He is ready for his day, wearing a cute winter sweatshirt with a seal on it! Like I said, its a daily fashion show around here!

The homepage pictures is an old one from early last week but its a favorite outfit of Jim's so I put it back on. James looked so cute! There are a couple of new pictures in the Baby Album "Week Ten!" and new videos. Also, I experimented with our camera's video and tried to make them smaller files. Its a lower quality video so I probably won't use it that way again. But its a cute video of James this morning. Want to know what James was doing at exactly 8:45 am? See video "Swinging".

Have a great day!
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

No comments:

Post a Comment