Friday, November 17, 2006

Sleep routines

I think I'm getting the hang of how to put James into a deep sleep. For a while it was hard to put him down and expect him to stay down. This made nighttime a little difficult for myself and Jim (who has invested in some earplugs- hey, they're recommended by my baby book to muffle the grunts and farts!)

Now I've learned that I should start to feed James first, then address the diaper (because it's inevitable that he poops during the feeding!), play or do something "active", get him ready for bed (mittens, hat, blanket), and then give him a few more sips of milk. He then starts to fall asleep in my arms.

I guess everyone knew I couldn't keep up the pace with the constant pictures and blog entries. I did slow down yesterday because I was hit with a brief period of exhaustion. I ended up taking a nap or two and felt better afterwards. I'll probably nap this afternoon too. The nighttime wake-ups haven't been bad. Last night I woke up with James from 1am-2am, 4:30am-5:30am, and then again at 7am. I don't know why he woke up at 7am again...

So there are three new pictures in the Baby Album, "James- Week Two". Just some pictures after we changed his outfit and had a massage with baby lotion.

I'm back at my starting weight! I've lost all 18 pounds now.

Maybe an update later?

Plans for today: Not too much! Jim and I did some cleaning around the house (Jim more than me), some laundry, a good lunch, and a really good nap later!

No comments:

Post a Comment