Friday, August 3, 2012

School shopping

So the supply lists are out for elementary students. I decided to plow ahead and shop while the supplies are not picked over. I headed to Walmart, knowing from experience that the supplies would be the cheapest there.

The list is shocking for KINDERGARTEN! I suppose we are really buying for the entire year. Three boxes of markers? I'm sure the teacher puts them in a supply closet and will hand them out throughout the year. Boxes of kleenex, Clorox wipes, jumbo bottle of hand sanitizer, TWELVE glue sticks, 2 boxes of snacks (probably for the class), etc.

$60+ later.... including the two items that weren't at Walmart. OfficeMax had them.

Grandma Rose asked about school clothes. I guess that should be soon! I have fond (and not so fond) memories of shopping for clothes. I think it's more fun on the parent end... especially for kindergarten!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment