Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 5 in Orlando, Disney MGM Studios Part 2

Here is one of my favorite parts of the day! The Muppet Vision 3D show! James didn't show any enthusiasm for the Muppets (silly child!) but I told him that this was a show for ME and would he sit by me? He's such a sweet kid so he said of course!

In the line we stood by the box office window. So funny! Looked like it was from the show!

I loved all the little details everywhere. Do you see the Monster dustpan?

A bit closer- do you see the Miss Piggy pinup calendar? And the Wanted posters?

 

Building directory. Funny if you can read them.

And then getting into the theater I was so happy to see it looking just like the show!!

And during the show the Statler and Waldorf heckled! (yes, I looked up their names)

The show was in 3D, actually bits of 4D with the bubbles and water sprays, and it was one of the best 3D shows I've ever seen. There must have been some new technology in there to make it so awesome.

One full size character came out during a part of the show. Sweetums came out to help.

Such a great show! So impressive. It made me so nostalgic!

Just a couple more Muppets details in the park..

 

Walking through the park... New York.

San Francisco.

Playing at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. James poses next to the giant Play-doh can.

And playing among the giant leaves and blades of grass.

We finally made it back to watch the Jedi Training Academy. We did this last year too and James loved it. He never wants to participate. I tried to get him to volunteer but no.

 

I know, Baby, it's hot. I spent the entire time focusing our battery powered misting fan on his face.

After the Jedi Academy we went back to the Star Tours gift shop. Jim said it was okay to get another souvenir and he hoped James would choose the Build-a-Droid.

James assembled a droid using the available parts.

 

James and Dad both made droids! James named his R-7. Jim named his R2-JT.

I wish I had bought this tshirt for Jim...

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment