Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Little Cupcake

Jim and James met Grandma Laura this morning for breakfast and a playground run. This left me with a little free time. I knew I wanted to bake something so I dug out a recipe that I had bookmarked for a loooooong time.

(Jim might need to guest blog on the morning. He took pictures with his iPhone. I guess James was really, really active at the playground. He made another friend! and loved the beach!)

I made my own Hostess cupcakes! I'm taking the majority of them to work to share with my peeps but I personalized a few of them for us at home. Grandma Laura came back for dinner- spring chicken pot pie- and we had these cupcakes for dessert. James even ate his! I wasn't sure if he would. You just never know!

I was pretty happy with the cupcakes but I think I can find a better cake recipe. The cake was a little dry and crumbly. I think the marshmallow creme and rich ganache deserve a better cake.



No comments:

Post a Comment