Tuesday, July 9, 2013

More Outside Time

We took advantage of a beautiful, windy day outside. It was so windy that we had to sit on the edges of our fabric checkerboard! (Note: James is VERY good at checkers. Super competitive too!)

 

He's been working on his bike skills. (He has a helmet now!) He loves to coast down the driveway at near top speed and skid with the brakes on before he hits the street. It scares the heck out of me. One time he missed the brakes and went down the driveway at full speed, freaking out. He was fine. He didn't fall, and of course no cars were coming (I'm always checking) but he missed the brakes and it was unexpected. He got off the bike and refused to ride more that day.

I talked him back into trying his bike, of course, and he's been doing fine. He won't venture out further than our driveway or street even though we watch our neighbor friend Ali and his brothers bike up and down the street, and out of the neighborhood. James just sets his own pace.

 

 

I'm going to push him soon. Last summer I did encourage him to bike "all the way" to the playground/parks. I dream of the day that I can jump on my own bike and we can bike together!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment