Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Babysitters

One Friday morning I called on our lovely babysitters, the sister duo of Abby and Laura, to babysit while I had a work function. They came over and played well with our James. He loves them.

We took them home. I joked that we should keep the girls forever. James got excited. I guess in his mind he was planning on where the girls would sleep and what they would play the next day!

So when I did drop them off at the house, I backed out of the driveway and saw this....

 

He was sobbing. He said, "You llllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeed to me. You lied. The girls are supposed to stay forever!"

I had to tell him that it was a joke and we were all laughing, don't you remember? It was not a joke to him. He said one girl could sleep with him in his (full size) bed, one girl could sleep in the guest room. And they could take turns. He had such plans and his mean Mom (my words) ruined it!

He did forgive me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment