Saturday, August 29, 2009

Legacy

I was so happy to see James pick up his harmonica and meet his musical legacy from Great Grandpa Ruben Gutierrez. My grandpa has played the harmonica for as long as I can remember (and probably longer). James has been playing around with the harmonica for a few days but only today he figured out how to make music. He loved it!




We also formed a sort of marching band, with James switching between the harmonica and drums. It was so fun to play in his band- James on the drums (a cookie tin with drinking straw sticks!), me on the harmonica, and Jim on the cymbals (mini bundt pans that he banged together). We taught James how to conduct the band. He will count off and say, "1..2..3..4" and we play! I also taught James how to bow at the end when we clap, but he doesn't like doing it all the time. What a fun time!

We love you Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment