Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Big JC inspired me

Ana (ChaCha) and I went to a movie on Saturday morning. We saw the Julie/Julia about Julia Child. It was really good! We both have read the book that the movie is based, I just re-read the book this month so it was fresh in my head. I liked it because Julie found something she was passionate about and went wild with her dream. Yup, wild. 524 French recipes in 365 days? That's crazy wild.

So here's my goal. I'm going to bake all the cookies and cupcakes in my Martha books. Ha! I wish. But I did pull out the Cookies book to look for a recipe I could make but unfortunately I don't have any unsalted butter in the refrigerator. What kind of baker doesn't have unsalted butter?! Oh well. Another day. But I am dreaming of those Coconut macaroon sandwich cookies.

Today I ran across a PBS special highlighting the best of Julia Child's show, The French Chef. One show was all about omelets so I watched and learned. I paused the show and tried Julia's technique. Success! I can do it!



It looks just like Julia's! The second omelet did NOT. I think the pan was too hot and it browned too much. Oh well. But I swirled and flipped like Julia. Yay.

We didn't do too much this weekend. We had that crazy awful storm last night and today we went to Ikea. We bought James some new furniture! A kid sized table and chairs, and a storage unit for his toys.

Well, I start work this week, kinda. James starts his new daycare next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment