Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mama's Boy

Okay, he's also a Dada's boy but I'm writing this blog :) (Jim is invited to guest blog but he has yet to take me up on that offer. I think he will after this public challenge!)

But James is a Mama's boy on this particular evening because he shares my love of ice cream. We were running an errand last night when he told me that our next destination was for ice cream. No problem, mijo! So we went to DQ for a cone.

You might say that I love my photo subject. I think I took 100 or so pictures of this boy just eating his ice cream cone. He's a photogenic boy but these are the best pictures. I probably should have stopped after a few pictures but he was just fun to watch!

Hello ice cream! Come to Nene...
















We moved outside when James got a little restless.


I need help! I am melting!










Uh oh! I spilled!




James is full. And has chocolate face.






Funny moment.
James and I were reading books and he has this favorite Elmo book that has removable pieces, kind of like a puzzle. I pretended that I couldn't put the pieces back in and needed his "help". Here is our conversation:
Mama: I can't do it!
James: Yes you can!
Mama: I think I need help.
James: It don't go here. It go here!
Mama: Oh thank you James!
James: You welcome Mama. I fix it.

I love that he is encouraging, nice, and polite :)
And hopefully when he says "I can't do it", I'll be able to tell him, Yes you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment