Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Target

As I mentioned James loves to shop at Target. I know its because of the free kid's cookie, but yesterday I held off giving him the cookie for as long as I could. He hadn't had a snack, so I figured it was okay. He sits really well in the cart nowadays. I took these pictures with my camera phone yesterday.





Later, James wandered around the house in his Dada's shoes and golfed. He is back into golfing! Just in time for spring and trying out those new big boy clubs with his Dada!



On Saturday we took James to the mall. I think I mentioned this before. We tried the play area in the mall, and I thought it was just okay. These hard play structures make me nervous. And a lot of the structures had ramps/slides but no stairs. It made it hard for James to climb without slipping down in his socks.





These are older camera phone pictures. This first one is one of my favorites.





I am home on my spring break! Yesterday we didn't do much but run that errand at Target and hang out at home. I had lots of time at home to make a good dinner so I experimented and made Chipotle Lime Chicken tacos. Jim said they were the best tacos he ever had! We had leftover Chocolate Intensity cake from Grandpa Roger's visit, and that was also the "best" cake Jim ever had. He's already requested it for his birthday :) James really liked the cake too but he called it "pie". He switched between his Dada and me, asking for bites of pie. He had a chocolate face afterwards. Cute!

Funny thing: We were eating that delicious dinner last night when all of a sudden James said, "Oh my god!" and then farted loudly in his highchair. We looked at each other and bust out laughing! I guess someone (me probably) says OMG too much. I've switched to Oh My Goodness but James is still walking around saying OMG.

Other favorite phrases:
Watch this!
Be right back!
Just a second.
Look at this!
I found it!
________ (insert object), where are you? Oh, here you are!
Watch TV.
Hungry! Peanut butter and jelly.

This week's plans: Today we are solo. Jim has work and then pool. James and I are headed to the library this morning and then Bacon and Eggs tonight. Tomorrow we are going to Minneapolis to shop for a birthday present for Esme (Wonderment) and then we are meeting Grandma Rosie for lunch! No plans for the rest of the week yet, though we hope to see Tia Ana and Tio Rich this weekend for a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment