Monday, August 17, 2009

Those Quirk-y kids!

(I bet they've never heard that before!)
James and I had a playdate with my friend Kim and her great kids Josh and Lucy. The Quirk kids. We finally had success getting together! Two other times this summer we postponed or canceled plans for whatever reasons and we've given each other great grief through Facebook and texts that we're just destined to be FB BFF's. Well, now our kids have met and we'll claim Josh and Lucy as friends! Real life friends for James :)

Josh was so helpful getting James to play and explore. He is very outgoing and really loved having James on his turf, I think. Kim told me that Josh isn't always so "hyper" but I would guess that any kid seeing another kid playing with their toys and in their space would feel the same way. Josh is FOUR and so it was great to see what is ahead of us. He talks and talks, and can be independent and helpful. I'll explain that below.

The boys play at making a "tent".


And then at lunch Josh helps to talk up his Mom's cooking. He told us that Kim's pizza rolls are his favorite food and we will love them. James isn't good at trying new foods so I was anxious and excited to see what he would do. I thought with Josh's help, James would try them! Kim was busy in the kitchen so I don't know if she knows how helpful and sweet Josh was, but he was!


You can see little Lucy and Kim in the background of this picture. Josh is still explaining to James that lunch will be soooo good!


James did eat the pizza rolls and they were good :)

James is still talking about playing in the sand, playing with instruments, Josh, Lucy, and climbing on the table. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment