Saturday, October 3, 2015

Around the Lakes

The yard work was done in early May. The back yard was dug up, filled in, packed, and finished off with sod. I'm sure there was more to it than that but that's my summary.

These pictures are from a long weekend around the 'hood.

 

 

 

 

 

We always brake for lemonade stands!

 

 

The neighbor kids were excited to come over and check out our snapping turtle! From a distance, of course.

 

 

Almost ready for the sod.

 

 

In the middle of May I heard that the Blaine teens were having Nerf wars at the nearby park. I was annoyed that some of the uppity neighbors were complaining about the kids having some harmless (loud) fun. The kids were warned by the local police and resumed their wars. I knew James would be interested so I took him to watch from a distance.

 

I was angry and disappointed that they took out the Confederate flag. I got out of the car and made my presence known. It was taken down pretty quickly, but I don't think because of me. I had to get James out of there and sadly tell him that they made a bad choice. Support withdrawn. Stupid move, kids.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment