Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Trains, Baths, and Cupcakes

That sums up our day!

James has been playing with his Thomas train set. Its been fun to set it up on the living room floor and watch him roll the train down the track, or let the train crash into the trees.

So I knew about this train store but we had never gone to it. Choo Choo Bob's is in Minneapolis. so we headed there this morning not knowing that there was a big storytime going on! James wasn't interested in storytime so we headed to the back of the store to play. It was really fun! There were about 5-6 train tables all set up with tracks, buildings, and lots of trains. There were also benches for the parents, but I played with James because it was fun.





And then storytime was done and the kids crowded us out. Actually I had an awkward moment with another Mom and I was done with the crowd. James and this little boy were playing tug o war with a train, there weren't enough to go around because of all the kids. I let it fizzle out, knowing James needed to learn how to share. This other Mom stepped in and put her hands on James, moving his arms away from the train table. I was so mad! She was disciplining my child! I went over and said something like, I think they're done. Its all okay. And I must have looked mad or something and she must have realized what she had done because she said, Oh my God, I'm sorry! I let it go. If she had been a big bitch about it, I would have had words for her. And kicked her butt. Seriously.

Mama Bear!

After Choo Choo Bob's we went to the Cupcake Cafe, which was pretty close by. I have drooled over their online cupcake selection for a while so I picked out six cupcakes to take home.

Top: Chocolate Peanut Butter, Peppermint Patty, Simple Chocolate (for James)
Bottom: Red Velvet, S'mores, and Monster (Chocolate cake, marshmallow, peanuts, and chocolate ganache)



After dinner I gave James his chocolate cupcake. I turned around to do something and then came back and it was all gone!

James and I were playing. I thought he looked cute and then realized he had a bloody nose! He had bumped himself on the train set and laughed, so I didn't worry until I saw the blood. It was minor.





Bathtime was fun tonight! The pictures will tell the tale.

















A clean boy in the Big Boy Bed. The transition was smooth. The crib is still assembled in his room, but we just point to it and call it the Baby Crib.



No progress with the potty training. I haven't bought the pull up diapers yet so I'm a bit stalled. James will enthusiastically sit on the potty for the M&M but doesn't know what to do yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment