Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Love him

Love this little boy of mine. I wish I could remember every little cute thing he does in a day. I think often "Oh I have to remember that" and then I sit down at this computer and can't recall them. I think I capture a lot with the camera and it reminds me later what to write.

Here is a frog that I saw when I was watering my plants. It scared me a bit. It just sat and watched me for the longest time, showing no fear.



My herbs are growing nicely. Here they are before I cut some more basil and chives for pesto. I also trimmed down my thyme because it was flowering.







James hiding behind my bedroom curtains.



I've had one of my dreams come true. James sometimes crawls into bed with us and is content to lay down, watch us, or watch a little TV. I love lazy mornings! Here is James and his Dada in a cute moment.



Dada gets a kiss.





I finally got James to do something other than golf!!





He did this cute little hop before he would hit the ball.



Great Aunt Betty and Grandma came to visit on the 4th of July. Aunt Betty brought over a gift of bubble wands. James loves his bubbles :)





Dada joined us for some baseball. James was fascinated to sit and watch his Dada swing and hit the ball. He insisted on sitting and watching for a long time.







Love this little boy!







On another day, back to golf. James enjoys hitting his golf balls into the kiddie pool in the backyard.



Random bit of food. I'm trying to get James back into eating vegies and trying new foods. When he was little I would make these vegetable patties and he ate them. They were a little time consuming to make ahead of time and eventually he stopped eating them. I tried to make them yesterday to see if he'd eat them again. They are kind of like hash browns- grated potato, carrot, and zucchini sauteed in a little oil until crunchy. I thought they were good with salt but James wouldn't eat them. Oh well.



Today James and I went to the Como Zoo because I read about the Butterflies exhibit for this week only. We were there a few minutes before the park opened and I was glad. James had a great time looking into this pool of water. Another little boy discovered tiny snails crawling on the pool's wall, so James and the boy had a great time poking at the snail and dropping it over and over into the water.



Minnesota has beautiful flowers too!





The butterfly tent was impressive. It was pretty big and we were lucky to get inside when we did. As soon as the zoo doors opened, I wheeled James over to the butterflies. When we left the tent, there was a HUGE line. And for a Tuesday!

James exclaimed over each butterfly at first, but then realized they were everywhere. He was amazed by all of them though.







"Did you see that?!"



I think in this picture James just wanted to show off his gorgeous lashes and pearly whites!



There were ponds and flower beds everywhere for the butterflies. It looked like a butterfly heaven.





James had a great time with this one on the floor. One of the workers came over to make sure James didn't stomp on it! I wouldn't have let him but I was glad for the help.





Okay, this one scared the hell out of me. I swear it was following me and how scary looking it is. Does it remind anyone else of a bat?!















We had been to the Como Zoo not too long ago, so once we saw the butterflies and then the Primates ("monkeys!!"), we headed across the street to the mini golf course. It wasn't in my original plan but I saw that it was only $5 for 18 holes and I wanted to kill some time before lunch. James loved this change of plans, of course.

The course was fun. You could tell it was older and well-loved. I shouldn't have paid for myself to golf. I really just stepped back and let James golf.



James tried several times to hit the ball through this swirl, but he couldn't hit it hard enough to get it going.







When James makes a shot, he does this little fist pump. I think he learned it from Tiger!!







This was another hard shot for James. You had to hit the ball hard enough over this bump so that the ball flew over the little river. His ball kept ending up in the river and he would say, "Ball in the water!", a phrase he learned from his golf book.










It was a fun day! We went to McDonald's for lunch and then he crashed for his nap.

Some funny things:
James was golfing outside on the front lawn when a man passed by on his bike. He said, "Hey Little Tiger!" James laughed and said, "Yeah, Tiger!"

James has become obsessed with this strange show on the Noggin channel for kids. Its called the Upside Down Show. He watched one show and asked to see another one. So I hit record on the DVR and started recording the two shows. I was going to set the DVR to tape them every day since he loved it so much, but they only show on Mondays! So we have these two episodes to last the week... and James doesn't mind seeing them over and over, but its getting a little tiring. Its a weird show about these two guys and their imaginations. Some puppets thrown in for fun, and some weird little skits. James calls it simply "the Show" when he asks for it.

I tried to sneak some cut up turkey meat into this macaroni and cheese. I cut the turkey into strips about the size of the noodles. I fooled him when he was little, so I didn't think he'd notice. Yup, he did. He started to pick out the turkey.

James can count in Spanish! We were reading a book and I asked him to count the apples on the page (or whatever)- first in English and then I said the Spanish words. He counted along with me after that. And then Jim came downstairs and I asked James to count for his Dada and he did it in Spanish! Uno, Dos, Tres, Cuatro! I'll keep working on it. Also, the Noggin channel will sometimes have the word of the day and in Spanish. Today's word was "Cama" (bed) and James was repeating after it. I'll have to slip that into conversation tomorrow :)

At the grocery store James insisted on putting blueberries into our shopping cart. I was hopeful that he would eat them, and I really thought he would because he picked blueberries out of the muffins I made last week. Well, once at home, he didn't eat them. He picked at them and thought it was more fun to bounce them on the table. So I made Blueberry Crumb Bars with the blueberries. I am hoping to share them tomorrow when I stop at my school to see my principal. We're not big blueberry fans, and especially not enough for a 9x13 pan of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment