Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Friday in SB, Part 2

We didn't expect naps during our vacation. So right after the wharf we decided to hit the Santa Barbara Zoo. I know I've been there, especially with my Uncle Juan when I was little, but I didn't remember any of it. It was a nice zoo! Just right for our half day excursion.





James was very independent. He wanted to climb up and down every set of stairs at the zoo, at the hotel, anywhere and everywhere.





"Shhhh! Lions sleeping."



A bit of toddler defiance. James sat here and pouted for a quick minute, about something I forget. I thought it was funny that he sat next to that sign.



In a later post you'll see all of the pictures I took of the beautiful, beautiful flowers and landscaping everywhere. There were beautiful flowers even growing alongside the highways. I just fell in love with all of the natural colors. Here is a picture of a mosaic sculpture at the Zoo. I just thought everything was very pretty and artsy.



Self portrait on the zoo train.





After the zoo we had a phone call from Grandma Rosie and Tia ChaCha. They were headed to my grandparents' home for a quick visit. We joined them and James was able to meet his Great Grandpa Ruben and Great Grandma Loreto Gutierrez. I hadn't seen my grandparents in probably ten years and I didn't know what to expect. They were just as teeny tiny as I remember, and Grandpa gave all of us a big kiss and was so happy to see us!

No comments:

Post a Comment