Monday, July 27, 2009

Parenting tips, Happy Birthday Dada & Beaching with ChaCha


First, some wise words from the Birthday boy, Jim:
Parenting Rule #23: If your child does not have sleep issues for a long time, do not question it. Do not even think about it. The minute you do, he will have sleep issues.

I asked him, Ummmm, what are the first 22 rules?! But he hasn't provided them in writing yet for me to cut and paste here. Look for those later.

So here's the story, last night Jim tells me, "Wow, James hasn't had any sleep issues for a long time. He sleeps like a rock." (paraphrased) ...I mean, James didn't even have any troubles adjusting to his new big boy bed. So an hour later Jim heard a very faint, "I scared...!" and crying. So I went to James and calmed him down a little. He gave me a very pathetic sounding, Good night Mama, I love you... and I thought he would be fine. A few minutes later Jim had to go console him again. And then an hour or so later James was crying again. It wasn't the kind of crying you could ignore. He sounded terrified and so small! I sat with him on my lap, Jim tried too, but nothing worked. He also thought it was morning and wanted to go downstairs. We don't even know what time it was, but it was definitely not the morning. We finally decided that we would take him to our bed.

It was a long night. Every time Jim or I looked over at James, lying between us and propped up on a pillow, his eyes were wide open. And as little as he is, he sure is a bed hog! When I knew he was finally sleeping I didn't want to move at all and disturb him. In the morning I found him laying across the bed, his head on/near his Dada and his legs on top of me. And of course he was fresh as a daisy at 6:30am.

It was probably the worst night of sleep we've had for a long long time. I told Jim that he jinxed us, half joking and half serious!

The most memorable moment last night was after a while of peace, all of us laying quietly, James said, "Excuuuuuse me. I tooted!" Hahaha!!

Happy Birthday to Dada! We celebrated Jim's birthday all weekend. We had a mostly relaxing weekend of eating, hanging out, and seeing our family. Grandma Laura, Uncle Joe and his friend Shannon came over for birthday cake.

Eating:
Friday night: Grilled flank steak, grilled zucchini, Fresh Corn Risotto
Saturday morning: Carol's for breakfast
Saturday night: LeeAnn Chin (one of Jim's favorites) & Chocolate Intensity Cake
Sunday morning: Cinnamon Bun filled pancakes & eggs
Sunday lunch: Culver's (another of Jim's favorites!)
Sunday dinner: Pioneer Woman's BBQ Meatballs, Mashed red potatoes, and Corn on the cob, MORE Chocolate Intensity Cake

On Saturday James and I met his Tia ChaCha for a day at the beach!! ChaCha knew of this beach/park at Lake Calhoun and it turned out to be very James friendly. He really liked playing in the sand, not so much the water, but maybe next time. There was also a great playground right next to the beach and we hit that too. ChaCha brought the BEST picnic lunch, complete with cupcakes and nectarines- James' favorite (this week)!



Is that for me?!


The cupcakes had butterfly rings on top. Ha!












I see you ChaCha!!


Well, here is hoping for a peaceful night tonight. We are not mentioning our good luck anymore :)

No comments:

Post a Comment