Monday, July 13, 2009

Ewwwwin

Last week my friend Erin went with us to the Children's Museum. I was so glad to have the company and James just loooooves his "Ewwwwwin".



Our first stop at the Museum, Erin and James sat on the pretend bus.



James eventually found himself in the driver's seat. We held on for dear life, he's only TWO ya'll.



James must have played hopscotch at daycare. He was familiar with the jumping.



Oh wow, James loved the General Store. All of the kids were so engaged in their pretend play. James filled up his grocery cart and rolled it up to the cash register, where a little girl was pretending to be a cashier. It was very cute.





After the Store, James set to work at the Chinese Take-out restaurant. Again, the kids were all over the place- pretending to clean, cook, wash dishes, serve food, etc.





Later James saw this Clifford character and to my disbelief, he wanted to see "the pup"! I've never seen James want to get close to a character. The kids were swarming Clifford so I had to guide James up the front so he could get a hug.





The sweet hug.







Happiness!



And then a small fit. I don't even remember why.



We found the Clifford exhibit and found some more kids at pretend play. Erin and James order some food from this boy. He was very into his role.







I was waiting for some singing and dancing, but no. Just some drum playing. (It reminded me of Grandma Rosie and James playing the drums at Marshall's!)



Clifford's tail slide.



James LOVES the water area of the museum.





It was a great day! Thanks Erin for joining us! I'm hoping she'll be open to a swimming pool adventure soon! I'd love the help :)

Jim installed the bike trailer on MY bike now so now James and I can take off whenever we want! We headed to the park on Friday, for a little golf and stuff.

That's James waaaaay in the background.







I told James he was going to get stuck or hurt himself.



Owwww.



James and Dada did a little coloring. A lot of giggling and tickling too!









James and I went to the strawberry fields again on Friday morning, but no pictures this time. I was juggling James and a strawberry basket on my own, so no camera. It was a quick trip. We picked for about 15 minutes and ended up with 5 pounds of beautiful berries. I made more ice cream and James tried a cone too.





Grandma Rosie came over on Sunday for lunch and some play time. We stopped at Noble garden center and James and his Grandma had a great time "running!" in the aisles and exploring.





Last week I saw that the garden center had a butterfly tent and so finally we made it to check it out. This butterfly tent had just Monarch butterflies but they were very pretty.







And then James discovered the tunnel at the playground area. Grandma Rosie was kind enough to go through the tunnel with him. I think they both had fun :)















What a gorgeous boy! Everyone says so!!



One last tunnel trip.







So grateful for Grandma Rosie and her endless energy and love for James! James woke up on Monday and told me, "Grandma coming!" I had to disappoint him and say no, Grandma went home. Well, at least he'll see her again next weekend for Grandpa Larry's birthday party!

My basil plant was full of leaves again on Sunday afternoon. I'm just loving my plants. I have never had a green thumb so I'm really proud of myself for not killing them! I almost bought some cherry tomato hanging plants, but maybe I'll explore that next summer.



I picked off all the big leaves, leaving little leaves for next week's harvest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment