Sunday, July 19, 2009

Big Boy

James, the Big Boy, is currently napping in his new Big Boy Bed. Going well, I think. I don't hear a peep. I think the real challenge will be tonight and whether he stays in his bed!

Last week I made strawberry ice cream again. I kept thinking of ice cream floats so I bought some 7-up to make the floats my Mom used to make us when we were kids. Yum.



I made pork with tomatillo sauce and cherry tomatoes, and roasted corn. Another favorite from when I was kid. My Mom is a great cook!



Last week we tried the Pump It Up indoor park in Ham Lake. James was hesitant to go on the inflatables until I tried each of them with him. It was hard work keeping up with him! One of the inflatables had an obstacle course, and we went through most of it until it was too difficult.





Another inflatable had this huge stairway to the giant slide. James surprised me by wanting to go on the slide, so up we went!



I helped him up the stairs, sat him at the top, and before I knew it, he took off on his own! No fear! I'm looking down on him in this picture.



James loved the jumping inflatable. He jumped for a good long time! He giggled each time I counted his jumps in Spanish. We got all the way up to 14 before he fell.





James took me through the obstacle course again and this was the difficult part. A climbing wall that was way too steep and dangerous.













We had too many blackberries in our house. I made this Buttermilk Blackberry cake. It was good.





We also went to the Blaine Youth golf course. We started at the putting green (free) but James looked longingly at the course and sand traps, so I asked in the clubhouse how much it would be for James to golf. When the man heard that James was only TWO, he just waved me through. No fee :)



When James makes a shot, he does this cute hand thing. Kind of like Tiger Woods, with the fist pump.







Kids were having a lesson. I asked a parent about the age range, and this was the 7+ group.



James became a bit obsessed with the sand. He kept insisting on golfing from the sand. I had to drag him away.





We had Thai Turkey Burgers that night, and I tried to make a mini burger for James but he refused it. Oh well.



Jim is getting James ready for the football season.

















Its probably not the best of timing, especially with the Big Boy Bed transition, but I started putting James on the potty. I bribe him with M&M's, but the trouble is telling him he only gets the candy for sitting on the potty and then finishing.



On Saturday I went to Alexandria for my friend Tatiana's wedding. She was a beautiful bride :) She is Russian and her husband is Vietnamese, so it made an interesting cultural blend of traditions and food! She arrived via boat, and I was afraid her two dads would fall in the water as they led her down the narrow dock!





I was so jealous of the cupcake wedding cake!



There were huge jars of candy for the kids, but I think the group I was with (mostly my coworkers and their significant others), probably attacked the jars the most!





James and my wonderful husband, in my absence, headed to Shakopee for Grandpa Larry's birthday party. I heard James was very well behaved and taken care of!



James, as he was introduced to his Bed for his afternoon nap.



I woke him up at 3pm so that he doesn't sleep the day away. This is how I found him sleeping in the Big Boy Bed. Success! Wow, no problems with transition.





We are taking apart the crib and taking it back to Target. It was recalled due to accidental deaths! James is way past that danger, but we might as well return it because it certainly can't be used by anyone else.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I am inspired by your crazy cooking and baking! I made cupcakes last night...from a box, but still. :) We had them sitting around, and it's a start!!
    2. I'm glad to hear that that jumpy place in is Ham Lake...it's good to know there are things like that reasonably close to our house. I'll have to keep that in mind for "some day"!
    3. James' hand thing during golf is so cute! You should bring him into work sometime...I don't think I've seen him since he was a baby, and he's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete