Thursday, August 23, 2007

Midweek

James is doing so well at daycare! I actually think he is sad to leave at the end of the day. Twice now he has started to cry when I put him in the carseat to go home. I am able to distract him or make him smile quickly enough, but it makes me a little sad that he's not happier to see me. I'm sure he likes the other children, the constant activity, and probably Sandra.

I'm trying my very best to play with James and give him my undivided attention until dinnertime. Its going well. He is a busy, fun boy! I am exhausted by the end of the day. Its 8:30pm right now and I'm tempted to go up to bed already. TGIF tomorrow!

We don't have weekend plans except to spend lots of time with each other. Tia Ana and Tio Rich may visit on Saturday. Its a long weekend for us since we're taking Monday off because of the Kemmetmuellers coming to visit (Christa, Andy, and the boys Ryan & Jesse). Yay!

Maybe we need to do a bit more babyproofing. James is opening cabinets and drawers in the kitchen. We don't have anything dangerous he can get a hold of, but it would save us from some mischief! Like I said, James is a busy, fun boy!

Part of the fun and excitement is dinner time. Last night we had chili and James was able to have the beans, ground beef, and cornbread! I took out these foods before the chili powder and cumin, and so they were baby-ready. He has loved everything we put in front of him! Tonight James had bananas rolled in cheerios powder (to help him grasp the slippery bananas), deli turkey, bits of salmon, diced soft carrots. He is a great eater :)

Well, TGIF!
Love,
Lisa, Jim, and James

No comments:

Post a Comment