Monday, June 25, 2007

This Mama needs a nap!

7:30pm update: Its bedtime for James and all is well! (Well, that is, if Jim can get him to sleep okay.) Jim and I checked his temp and its 98 degrees, normal! We gave him some Motrin just in case, because the temp seems to go up at night. I put a call into the doctor today and they said to come in tomorrow if he's still running a temperature. James was pretty happy today and only ran a slight temp at 2:30pm. Just barely above normal. No more poop explosions :)

It was a long night. James woke up 5 times last night. Most of the times I was able to soothe him back to sleep, but I know he wasn't feeling well. I was scared again because his temperature was back up to 102.9 and he was limp in my arms, very warm, and made no attempts to roll/sit in the crib or while I was changing his diaper. He just laid there and cried. It broke my heart to see him so miserable. Because he was so warm I didn't want to cradle him too much, thinking my body heat would make him warmer. I held him on my lap and rocked him back to sleep after his bottle at 2:30am. I slept on the floor of his room for a while until I knew he was truly asleep and he felt a little cooler. That Motrin works pretty fast!

This morning he was wide awake, alert, and happy again. He wasn't warm and his temperature was back to 98.3 degrees. He's taking his bottles well.

He's down for a nap finally at 10am and I'm unable to take one myself. I tried but I couldn't fall asleep. Maybe later.

I may have given him too many prunes yesterday (for his constipation) because he's had some major poops since then! One big poop blowout this morning! I'm glad it doesn't gross me out anymore.

I don't think I'll get too much accomplished around the house or any of my website work done today. I'm okay with this. I need a day to regroup! Hopefully soon James and I can go to the park or run errands. It makes the day go by faster and the change of scenery is probably good for him (and me!)

New pictures in Baby Album "June". We did get *some* smiles this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment