Friday, June 8, 2007

First day of summer

Yesterday I got home from work in time for the neighborhood playdate for the Moms that stay at home. I included myself because I'm now a Mom at home! There are a couple of pictures in the June album of James on the swings. You can see some of the neighbor kids in the background. I think James was the cutest- just this Mom's opinion!

Simone is the little girl in the swing next to James. She is 8 months. She seemed to be doing as well as James, though James has more teeth and is making moves to crawl. Simone is happy just standing on her toes and sitting. Simone's mom told me that there is a Lakes email newsletter and that there were several postings about daycares opening within the Lakes development. I'm definitely looking into that! I would love it if James' daycare was just a short distance!

Today (Friday) is our first complete day at home. This morning we went to my district office to fill out some insurance papers, but then we've been home ever since. James is on his 2nd nap at this moment. He's been a good boy except for throwing up on me- which he can't help. Maybe he didn't like the watermelon after all? One more day to try it!

Staying at home is hard work! I have a list of things that I'd like to accomplish (cleaning, organizing, fun) this summer and I started today. I won't go overboard because I'd like to enjoy my days with James. Today James and I danced, blew bubbles, James had a long, playful bath, and he jumped in the Jumperoo while we played peek-a-boo.

We already have a lunch date planned for next week with Tia Ana! I'm so glad that we'll be able to show off James to all of her co-workers. They've been keeping track of James as Ana views the babysite at work. Ana said that there is a girl at her work that looks forward to James' new pics every day :) He has a fan club!

Well, the weekend is here and I'm glad. Jim will be home and we can have a relaxing weekend. I think the weekends will improve because we won't have to rush around and clean/organize- I'll be able to chip in during the week now! We should go somewhere fun. Maybe to see some Star Wars mailboxes :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment