Thursday, May 3, 2007

Active baby

James was pretty active last night, waking up 3 times! I've learned that each time he wakes up, he's not really demanding a bottle.

At 1am I woke up to soothe him back to sleep. I changed his diaper, gave him his pacifier (he chews on it, not sucks), and turned on the music from his Baby Tad frog. The music plays for 6 minutes and usually that is enough time for him to drift off. Last night I laid down on his floor, out of his sight, waiting to see if he'd fall asleep. I then screwed up by moving the frog away from him and trying to turn him from his side to his back. He woke up. I then had to repeat the process with the music.

At 3:30 am Jim woke up with James and gave him a bottle. This was probably a good time for a bottle because it had been 8 hours since his last.

At 5am he woke up and I did the Baby Tad music again and the pacifier.

James woke up at 7:15am for the day! I dressed him in a cute shorts outfit from Grandpa Frank and Grandma Julie. I can't believe this little boy is fitting into the 18 months clothing! I thought it would be too big but it fits!

I can't wait to see what the doctor says next week. I think we have a big boy on our hands :)

No comments:

Post a Comment