Sunday, May 6, 2007

Six months old!

James is 6 months old today! Happy Half Birthday! We had a pretty busy weekend and we're exhausted. On Saturday, Jim had a full day of Daddy duty. I had a school event from the early morning until 4:30. It was a full work day on the Cinco de Mayo! I ended up missing both fiestas that night because I was exhausted and James was a crabby baby. The timing wouldn't have worked. By the time we got to a party, it would have been time for him to go down for the night. I know that everyone had a margarita or two for me :)

On Sunday I went to my friend Katy's baby shower. She'll soon get the notice to go to Columbia to pick up her precious daughter. James will have a new playmate!

Back to James: James is a very healthy and happy 6 month old. His Tia Kristina is still here loving him every day while we're at work. We've been so lucky to have someone so GREAT with James. He is one lucky little boy to have a Tia who loves him so much and loves to play. I need to give her a big shout-out: Kristina, we love you! We can't thank you enough for all that you've done for our family. I know its not babysitting when its your own nephew, but you've helped us so much and we'll never forget it. (But no two for one!) We'll miss you when you leave us.

Tia Kristina has been trying to get James to crawl before she leaves :) She's got one more week to make this happen! He's rolling from his back to his stomach with no problems, but he's forgotten how to roll from his stomach to his back. He's making small movements like he's trying to move ahead, or scoot forward, but he's not quite there. Soon!

At 6 months James is eating well. He's tried carrots, peas, sweet potatoes, squash, potatoes, apples, pears, mangos, bananas, rice cereal, and oatmeal. Next up: apricots! I'm still making my own baby food at home.

James is still waking up sometimes once, twice, or even three times in a night. Just recently he's been able to go back to sleep after a diaper change, or a pacifer. He doesn't need a bottle at every wake-up anymore. Sometimes he's crying because he's flipped himself over on to his stomach. He's sleeping on his stomach sometimes. I was a little scared about this but he's doing well- he moves his head to the side well or lets us know when he's uncomfortable!

Jim and I are just so happy with our little man, James. We look at him with so much awe! He is an amazing little boy! I can't wait until this summer when I'm with him every day.

Please see the new photos in Baby Albums "April", "May", and "Six months old!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment