Tuesday, May 1, 2007

May Day

James had his second feeding of peas, but the picture shows his first self feeding. It was a good start! He grabbed the spoon really close to the end, but he did bring it to his mouth and get peas in. It was the messiest meal he's had! I wondered why people would say that solids was messy, because James had always been pretty neat. I guess when they start participating in the meal, that's when it gets messy!

James had a bath last night and got his spiky, chicken fuzz hair back. I love when his hair is fresh and clean because its really soft and fluffy- like chicken fuzz!

I've been forgetting to mention that I weighed James a couple of days ago and he's lost weight! He weighed in at 20 1/2 pounds about a month ago, but now he's weighing 18 1/2 pounds. I don't know if this is normal for starting solids or if its because he's growing lengthwise and slimming down :) His belly is less noticeable now. I put a pair of pants on him this morning that didn't fit last month because they were too tight on the belly. Now they're okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment