Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Perfect Mommy Day

I did end up staying home all day yesterday with James. It was a lovely day. James was happy, he ate everything I put in front of him, and he napped well. I was the happiest about that last one- being able to put him down for his naps without any fuss is much improved! We even managed to get a walk into our day. It was a pretty short walk because it was fairly humid and sticky, but we made it back to the swings. James loves the swings! He laughed a lot and was full of smiles.

It was an encouraging day. It hasn't been too often that I'm at home all day, and alone. I can see that we'll have lots of fun this summer, maybe even running around to the library too or the Early Childhood classes that I'd like to sign up for. I'm sure the summer will go by too fast.

I also took James to a Cultural Celebration at another school last night. I'm expected to help with a Celebration at my own school next year so I wanted to check out the other school's version of it. James was a little overwhelmed by all of the people and noise, but he became curious after a while. He cried a lot in the car but I think because it was raining hard (new to him?) and because he was overtired. He didn't have much of an afternoon nap.

So, overall, I had a good day with James. He's getting to be so much fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment