Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Pumpkin Patch

The morning started off late. We all slept in until 7:30am. I turned the baby monitor down too low at 2am (the first time James woke up) and then didn't hear anything else until 7:30am. I jumped out of bed, thinking that James probably really needed to be up already. When I got to him, he was sleeping peacefully. He must have needed to sleep in too :)

So I went to get my haircut (it turned out just okay) while Jim and James had breakfast and got ready for the day. After that we headed out to the pumpkin farm in Wyoming. I've always passed the farm, thinking it was just a christmas tree farm, but it turned out to be so much more! They had a pretty big petting zoo, a tractor trolley ride to the pumpkin patch, and old-fashioned games for kids- like pumpkin cannonballs, apple cannons (3 shots for $1!), tractor tricycles, hay mazes, etc. We were pretty impressed. Please see our pictures :)

After the farm, we ran an errand and then went to the nearby Toys R Us for fun. James was such a good boy and took his bottle in his stroller. He's been holding his bottle for a while now and he did very well on the move. I reclined the stroller seat down to almost laying down and he happily held the bottle as we shopped. This could make traveling so much easier! I stress about finding a good place to give a bottle when we're at the mall or wherever, so if he takes a bottle like this- I'm thrilled!

It was just a very happy, pretty day.

No comments:

Post a Comment