Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend update

Grandma Rosie and Grandpa Larry came to visit this weekend. It was a family-filled weekend! My sisters, Mom, and I went shopping and hung out on Saturday while Jim took care of James at home. They joined us later that day at Ana's house for a short visit. Grandpa Larry was able to see James, I think for the first time in several weeks.

"The boys" stayed at Ana's house for poker night, and "the girls" and James went back to our house for dinner and movies. James was a great baby all day! I think the worst of this round of teething is over. He didn't seem too crabby besides the initial crying at Ana's house. I think he was overwhelmed by the people and the strangeness of a new house (though he's been there before).

We had another good day on Sunday with James. We did just hang out at home but we also took a long walk in our neighborhood. James doesn't mind the stroller, which is great, and he actually fell asleep for a good length of time. We walked by the neighborhood park and there were a couple of bigger kids playing. It was nice to imagine James playing there in the near future. Maybe this summer I can try him on the (bucket) swings!

The picture on this page is James and his new sunglasses. They're a little big on him still but he doesn't mind them.

James had a difficult night last night. Or maybe it was difficult for his parents?! He woke up at 11:30pm (soothed back to sleep with pacifier), 3:30 am (bottle), 4:30, and then 5:30. All of these times we could hear him crying out in his sleep, but he would go back to sleep after a couple of minutes. Each time I tensed up, expecting that I'd have to get up. It was hard to go back to sleep :(

I hope its a good day for James and his Tia Kristina! I left them this morning and he was very smiley and happy. Tia loves him so much and we don't know what we would do without her!

No comments:

Post a Comment