Monday, April 19, 2010

Circus!

There was so much hype about the Circus before we went. It was in a book, on Dora the Explorer, and I think there was mention of it at "school". James was certainly very excited to go. The excitement lasted for the arrival..

The purchase of the lightsaber...


The viewing of the elephants (wow!)...


The view from our seats...


And Daddy explaining what the Circus will be...


The eating of the popcorn...


Watching the Shriners dance...




Looking at all the other light toys...


Watching the acrobats...


Too soon it became old, boring. James started to say over and over, "I'm done with this. I'm done, I'm done, I'm done." We didn't even make it to intermission and then we made the decision to leave. Jim tried to convince James that more exciting circus acts were coming up.




Look! A bear riding a bike!

So we left. James was in such a foul mood that we didn't even try and go out to lunch. We went home and all went back to normal.
We were glad that we tried the Circus. Honestly, I think the actual circus acts are for grown-ups. All of the kids that I saw were busy playing with each other, enjoying their light toys, or eating sweets. James may have lasted longer if he had another kid to play/watch with.
The new lightsaber was cool though!



James likes to play with his Daddy on the laptop. There are some kid-friendly games on nickjr.com




I am surrounded by Star Wars toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment