Saturday, November 21, 2009

Wild Child(ren)

On Friday we assembled all of our students at CRMS together for a motivational type program. In our school's history they had never had an all-school assembly so it was quite a feat! It was a little overwhelming to have so many people in one (small) gymnasium- about 1500 students plus staff... The only scary part was the end when there was a mad scramble to get OUT for the end of the day.

You can't see all of the students in this picture, there were many more on each side, on bleachers.


My wild child started his day at 5am. He woke up this morning at 5 and so Jim and I each took a turn putting him back in bed, telling him its "too early". He may have fallen back asleep but we doubt it. He probably played quietly in his room or read books in his closet :) We all ended up waking up at 7am and we started our real day at our favorite breakfast spot, where James gobbled up TWO adult sized pancakes all by himself. Dipped in strawberry syrup? Yum!

After breakfast we wanted to take advantage of what might be the last great weather weekend so we headed to Springbrook Nature Center, in Fridley, to walk the trails and visit the exhibition building.

James' school is studying "Forest Friends" so we asked him to look for friends. We saw many squirrels and birds. I am thankful we didn't see any bears or wild animals :)






Inside the exhibition building there were stuffed animals, aquariums full of snakes, fish, and frogs.

James listens to the bird calls through the speakers.


He found a friend. James followed him around enthusiastically, and didn't even care that he picked his nose. Heh.


Touching snake skin. Ewwww.


Forest friends!


Skunk fur.




Happy.


At home we played in the tunnel and kicked the soccer ball around. Fun!




I think I riled James up. When Jim got home from an errand, he asked me, "How much sugar did you feed him?!"

We settled down after dinner for movie night. The movie "Up!" is so good! I really think it was the best kids' movie I've seen for a while. I love that it featured an old man. I just think old men are the cutest, especially my Grandpa Gutierrez, the oldest man I know :)


James got slightly antsy and I didn't think we'd finish the movie, but he just switched seats and then settled in again.


I love this little boy, even though he wipes away my kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment