Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve

NYE is always a night to stay home, relax, and enjoy each other's company. We usually make a special meal, open a bottle of wine, and watch the NYE shows on TV. We're always glad to be in our safe, warm home and not at Times Square! (Seriously, what do those people do for a bathroom?!)

We decided to make Beer Cheese Fondue, thinking that James would enjoy dunking carrots, crackers, and bread in the cheese. Yes, he did! But he wouldn't eat it. SIGH. He did dunk bread cubes for me every time I asked, and I was glad for his help as I cooked the CI Corn Chowder.



James made this "2010" hat at daycare. I'm sure he had some help.


For dessert we (Jim and myself) had Chocolate Lava cakes. James was already in bed and I wasn't sure if he would eat them. Also, the recipe makes two!


It's a great night to think of how full and wonderful 2009 was!

We're starting 2010 with a nice breakfast and trip to the Children's Museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment