Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What's up with Toddler James?

I picked up James today from daycare and he was crying. Sandra was flying around the house getting organized, and I didn't think anything of it because I was later than usual (I had an after school group until 4pm) She said he had been crabby for about 10 minutes.

Well, we got back home and he was content to watch his Baby Einstein video while I cooked dinner. He sat completely still. No playing. Maybe not weird but unusual.

At dinner he didn't touch any of his food, literally. He would only accept yogurt. He looked like he was going to fall asleep in his highchair.

After dinner I sat with James on the couch. He put his head on my shoulder, sighed, and started mumbling. He fell asleep. We didn't let him sleep for long. We tried a bottle. He perked up a little bit. We ended up putting him to bed early because he looked tired again, his little head was bobbing and he was rubbing his eyes.

Well, two hours later he has woken up several times, crying for several minutes and just when I'm about to go up and comfort him, he stops.

I'm crossing my fingers that he (and we) get a good night's sleep. Poor James! I really hope its not an ear infection again. I know one of the symptoms is loss of appetite and difficulty swallowing (explaining the no food and half bottle). Last time he was crabby and clingy too.

I'm sure he'll be back to normal tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment