Saturday, December 8, 2007

Rough night

If this is as bad as it gets, we're still very lucky. All day James was "off"- grumpy, no smiles, little appetite, crying, needing constant holding. He also refused his afternoon nap, so he was overtired, I guess. Finally I got James to sleep, laying on the living room, as I sang "You are my Sunshine". Poor James listening to me singing! He napped for about 20 minutes. We were tiptoeing around him, and then realized we couldn't make dinner because it would make too much noise. I think we just used that excuse to get Chinese from our favorite place.

So I left to get the food, and Jim tried to give James his dinner. He refused. Constant crying. When I got back, we decided to take his temperature. It was slight. We gave him Baby Motrin. As we ate, we let James watch Baby Einstein and play with my wallet (he loves it). It cheered him up a little, or at least he stopped crying. We ate and we watched him fall asleep sitting up! His eyes would close, he would drift off, but then jolt awake. It was kind of funny to watch, but we were so worried about him!

The Baby Motrin kicked in, or his last bottle made him happier. He was almost back to normal when bedtime arrived. He's been crying out a little in his sleep but I think he's okay finally.

So that's the worst. We are so lucky to have a happy, healthy baby.

The cutest moment today: right before bedtime, Jim went upstairs to take a shower. James kept saying "Dada" over and over. So I called Jim back and Jim said goodnight again from the catwalk. James kept repeating "Dada Dada Da-da!" He has the cutest little boy voice! Too bad he could care less about saying "Mama"!

No comments:

Post a Comment