Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Better Day

Yesterday was a tough one. Today, even without a nap, James was in a better mood. We kept him up because we knew Grandpa Frank and Uncle Rich (and everyone else) would arrive smack dab in the middle of naptime, so what the heck, keep the kid up.

He was fine. He played well all day while I cooked and got the house ready for our guests. He asked for a piece of chalk to write on his grocery cart. We were pleasantly surprised to see that he attempted to write his name. I think he did well, especially since he usually practices with an example in front of him.





I didn't get any pictures of the family gathering but I did catch James with his red velvet whoopie pie. He has been talking all week about Grandpa Frank's birthday party and the cupcakes we should have. I told James the whoopie pies were cupcakes with the frosting inside, sorta true!



Towards the end I tried getting James to pose with his Grandpa Frank but he was a little crabby. I guess the no nap thing started to kick in. I did get that great picture of James with his Grandpa on the first day, that was a good picture because it wasn't posed but just natural.


James did give everyone hugs and then started a playful sparring with Uncle Rich when he thought he was taking the chocolate suckers. SUCKA!



Goodbye Grandpa! We'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment