Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Frozen North


"Mommy, I've never been to the frozen north. It's too cold."

James is referring to the frozen north from one of his shows Oswald. Henry the Penguin is from the frozen north. I guess James doesn't know we truly are in the frozen north!

It was 3 degrees today, with a wind chill of -11. I know this, I looked. A student asked me to look it up because he wanted to make a case to his gym teacher that it was too cold to go outside for snowshoeing. Whoa.

Another funny thing is that we went to Target today after I picked James up from daycare. Target is the home of the "Free Cookie". We were waiting for James' free cookie when he spied the cakes and treats in the bakery case. He got really excited and said, "MOM! It's a red belbet cake!!!" The lady next to us laughed and said, "Wow, that's impressive that he knows that."

He impressed the daycare teachers the other day with his "delectable cupcake" comment. And now he knows what a red velvet cake is! Grandma Laura gave him a Fancy Nancy and the Delectable Cupcakes book. I think he just really likes the book because of the cupcake talk. But it's teaching him some great vocabulary :)

No comments:

Post a Comment