Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sad

One of my former students was killed last night. I was called to the high school to help tell his friends and then to help with their grieving. It was a hard, long day. I had to deal with my own grief as I remembered the sweet, shy boy from middle school. I saw him a lot over the last couple months and he was excited to graduate from high school. I don't think everyone expected (hoped, yes) him to finish. He ended up just a few credits shy but would have finished after a quick summer school session.

I don't know what else to say :(

Lucio celebrated his 18th birthday on the Cinco de Mayo. I saw him after this, maybe a few times, but I remember hugging him that day and telling him how proud I am of him. He wasn't all that "hard" with me. I loved this kid. His funeral will be tough.



http://wcco.com/local/fatal.stabbing.fight.2.1743620.html

No comments:

Post a Comment