Thursday, February 11, 2010

You take the good, you take the bad...

I guess I should mention the bad part about being a Mom. I said all of the cute and nice things about James and what he says, so I really should mention that he said something not so nice to me the other day.

**Edit- is there a bad part of being a mom, really? No. It was a bad moment. I'll correct myself.**

I said No about something. I don't even remember what it was. I got this response-

"I don't like you, Mama!"

That hurt. Briefly.

I knelt down to his level and told him that that wasn't a nice thing to say to Mama and "please say sorry". No!! He stormed away, to the corner.

A minute or two later he said the same thing. It didn't hurt as badly.

And then a few minutes later he did say sorry and we hugged.

The greeting I get in the mornings has made up for that "I don't like you, Mama!" Each morning I've gotten James from his bedroom he hugs me and tells me, "I missed you Mama!"

Yeah, that's better!

No comments:

Post a Comment