Sunday, February 28, 2010

Golf!

Dada needed a break today (I said), so I took James to Grandma Rosie and Grandpa Larry's neck of the woods for some mini golf and lunch. James pulled the shy thing at Grandma's house, he sat huddled on my lap for 10 minutes but soon after that, he was chatting with Grandpa in the car like they were BFF's.

Here they are, hand in hand, walking to the indoor golf course. James was so excited! I know this because we bought him new shoes yesterday and he refused to wear them until I said they were special "golf shoes". He then was so happy! I always think to myself, I just have to be quicker (or smarter) than the three year old to avoid drama and unnecessary crying/whining!



The first shots. Apparently Grandma got a hole in one on her first shot. I did not actually witness this... riiiiiiiiiight, Grandma...




I did it!




I did it again!


Did you see that, Mama?


I did it! (and nope that's not a porcupine!)


Tough shot ahead... gotta miss those rocks...




Nope, that's not the grumpy old troll that lives under the bridge (a Dora ha ha). Said with love, LarrBear.


James insisted that Grandpa hit the ball between his legs. We held up the 8 kids behind us but we didn't care. They were rushing through the entire course behind us.


Grandpa and Grandma threaten to throw James in the snow.


And they did! How mean!


At lunch James wowed us with his Spanish skillz.


And then he amazed us at home with his technology skills. He doesn't get to use our phones often but I have special programs (apps) that are toddler friendly. It's not something we encourage but every once in a while it's fun to see how well he does with it.



Yeah, those eyelashes are still amazing!


I made some mini chocolate cheesecakes for a friend's birthday. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment