Thursday, September 3, 2009

Smoooooth

I just can't believe the change this week in dropping off James at daycare. Last week it was crying and clinging when we dropped him off. This week I've been giving James a pep talk in the car, on the way to daycare.

"James is going to school"
"Mama has to go to work"
"We're going to say goodbye"
"You can say, See you later Mama!"
"School is fun"
"You can play with friends!"
"Do you want to see Jamie?" (his favorite staff)
and so on.

It worked! I can repeat some of these things as we're walking hand in hand up to the door, and then I ask for a hug and kiss. And then he walks right into the preschool room with a goodbye thrown over his shoulder.

What a big boy!

Now my biggest challenge is just waking up in the morning! I've been showering at night so I can wake up and go, but I'm still having to wake up at 5:40am to get out of the house before 7am. My goal is to be at work by 7:30. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment