Monday, September 28, 2009

Its Fall!

Its time for lots of fall things like leaves artwork! and other things below.


James' first "incident" at daycare is so ridiculously minor. He has a small scratch on his forehead and they weren't sure if he scratched himself at daycare or at home, so they wrote it up anyway. Honestly, I don't know either. It could have happened anywhere! I'm glad that they take little things like that seriously. There was another (unwritten) incident where another kid hit James a few weeks ago. They told me about it even though it was really minor and the other kid was the problem. I guess James handled it fine.


Mmmm caramel apples!


James has been enjoying his music class every Friday. I don't know if he has learned songs at the class or just in the general daycare, but we have heard him singing the Days of the Week song, and the other night at bedtime I heard him singing the months of the year! Such a smarty pants!


Such a wonderful skill. Opening the refrigerator door whenever he wants. Ugh!


James chose a yogurt for this unscheduled snack.




We knew Saturday would be a rainy, fall-like day so we headed to Edinborough Park for some indoor play. I wasn't feeling well so Dada (Jim) bravely followed James around the many levels of crawl space and obstacles.




Bounce House.


Edinborough Park also has a large gym space with plenty of balls, hoops, and scooters.






Dada needed a push.




Watch out!!


I tried this idea because I thought I would tempt James with a Meatloaf cupcake with mashed potato frosting, but he was hungry way too early and ate before I could finish making dinner. Oh well. I doubt if he would have eaten it anway! (This was a good way to make meatloaf, it cut the baking time down by half!)


For dessert and sharing at work- Pumpkin spiced cheesecake brownies. I guess there is a shortage of canned pumpkin so when I saw a stocked shelf at the grocery store the other day, I loaded up! I had to bake something pumpkin! Pumpkin also screams fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment