Monday, September 11, 2006

Baby Shower and Nursery Update

I had my first baby shower on Saturday at my sister Ana's house. She always throws a fabulous party. (Yay to Rich for his grilling skillz.) I think everyone was impressed by her creative games and then parting gift/favor. There was a onesie decorating contest (Winner: Kari!) and Baby Bingo... and then guests left with a "Bun in the Oven". These were boxes decorated to look like ovens, with a mini-cinnabon inside. The tag inside said, "Thanks for celebrating Lisa's 'bun in the oven'..." My friends/co-workers were still talking about them today :)

This family is very lucky to have so many people who love James already. He is a very lucky boy! We received many, many gifts. Everyone was very generous and wonderful to us. We loved everything. Jim was seriously overwhelmed when I came home with a SUV-full of great gifts. I'm having a lot of fun planning and putting away the gifts. I put together the changing table last night just to get the nursery looking a bit more complete. Its getting there! We still have to buy a dresser (soon!), curtains, hang up the quilt on the wall (part of the decor), and Pappy Larry is building a toy chest!

Baby James has been really active today. Since I've started my GD diet, his movements have slowed down and felt fainter. I've read this is common for this time of a pregnancy anyway, but I figured it was also because I was eating/drinking less sugar. But last night and today I've received some hard kicks. I enjoy them :)

I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday. At this appointment I'm scheduling my WEEKLY appointments. The nurse told me to choose a convenient day for these 2-4 hour appointments. 4 hours? I guess it could depend on how cooperative James is. I'll be monitored for James' heartbeat, movements, and then possible contractions. At some time I also have other ultrasounds. I guess I'll have to wait and see what these appointments are exactly. I'm only getting fuzzy details by phone.

Thank you for reading this! I hope you visit the updated Baby Album and Baby Shower Album too. I added a few more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment