Saturday, May 29, 2010

Red Room



James officially moved into the Red Room on Monday! Yay!!! I love the teacher. Ms. Kathy is the best. She is slightly older than me (I think), a Mom herself, and she just LOVES James. I mean, she worked one on one with him the week or so before the big move so that he would move into the Red Room with her. I think we owe this woman a lot. She is not discouraged at all if James has an accident, I think she even hid that information from the daycare directors so that they wouldn't hold him back in the Orange Room.

So he's had quite a few accidents at daycare, mostly poop. He seems to hold his pee well enough and will go on his own to the bathroom mostly. I still ask him constantly if he wants to pee, and he gets a little annoyed :) The poops are our next hurdle. He just doesn't seem to want to ask to poop on the potty. We'll discover the poop in his Star Wars undies and yuck.

But no more pull-ups! We use an overnight diaper still but that's our summer project to get him trained overnight. Since he's started the hard-core training just recently his overnight diapers are lighter, he must be holding it more then too. Such a smart boy :)

Well, that's enough poop and potty talk. Really, we get enough of it at home. Just today we dealt with one major pee accident. Poor Jim looked traumatized!

No comments:

Post a Comment