Saturday, May 29, 2010

Grandpa Roger

On Sunday (5/16) we headed over to Stillwater to visit Grandpa Roger and Linda.

I don't know why but when we go somewhere, even with familiar people, James has a meltdown. He cried for damn near 35 minutes once we arrived at Grandpa Roger's house.



Jim tried to talk him through it, but nothing worked. Finally James started to wander around the house and realized we're staying so he calmed down.


We headed to the Teddy Bear Park. What a great park! Lots of equipment and play structures to climb on!



I found James sitting in a tunnel with this young girl. Hmmm.



Ahhhhh! Water break on a hot day.



James loved playing and running on this "river" on the playground surface.






What a cool spider web!



I couldn't get James to sit on the teddy bear's lap. Yet.



Back at Grandpa's...
Grandpa Roger and James played with bubbles!



Grandpa had some chocolate milk! How refreshing! (I don't buy it at home, it has a lot of sugar for everyday consumption.)


Grandpa put James to work! Just kidding. James had a great time pretending to mow the lawn.



Another treat! It was a good time to give James his new baseball glove! He loved it! I caught a few pictures of James and his Daddy throwing the ball around, but no one captured me later playing a great game of catch with James when all the other grown-ups were talking in the house. James has quite a throwing arm!! Really!








This was one of our first weekends of full-on potty training. James went the entire day in big boy underwear and did very well! I was afraid he'd have an accident in the car (nope!) and then afraid of being in public and having an accident (nope!) We found a bathroom at the TB park and James was great about telling me when he had to go. Also, he used the bathroom at Grandpa's house with no problem :)
I'll say more about our more recent potty training adventures in my next few posts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment