Saturday, May 29, 2010

Do you ever wonder...?

What they serve for school lunches? When I forget my lunch or just don't have time to pack a lunch I rely on my school lunch account. I have money in my account just for these days. I don't enjoy the school lunches but I do know that some days are better than some. I've really taken an interest in school lunch blogs, articles, and Michelle Obama's Let's Move campaign. I pay attention so that I know what's what when James will be in school.

I do wonder about his daycare lunches, but so far he doesn't have too many bad habits. He just doesn't eat much yet. He's never been a kid who eats just junk but he is picky. We're still relying on a few staples- mac n cheese, chicken, peas, milk, carrots, pb&j, etc.

Well, here's my school lunch from Monday: Mini corn dogs, potato wedges, wheat roll, broccoli & carrots with ranch dip, skim milk, and an orange.



I doubt very much that the kids choose to eat the vegetables. There was a cooked vegetable that I refused- really, really overcooked peas. There were other fruit options- canned fruit cocktail, which is better than nothing but probably very sugary. And then there's the milk. There was also chocolate skim milk but I've looked at the sugar content and it's horrible. I'm sure the kids don't think anything of it.

I never eat lunch when it involves ground beef. Or pasta. They tend to overcook that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment