Friday, June 12, 2009

Finally!

Before last weekend's rain, we made it to the park for a bit of golf. I always find it funny that James gets so excited to go to the playground but then golfs like he would at home.



Hi Mama!





On Friday James and I had a day to ourselves because Sandra needed the day off. We headed to the park before we had lunch with Grandma Rosie.



James had no fear when climbing. I was a little scared to let him climb but I didn't want to be a Mom who hovers and gives him no freedom.













Mmmm strawberry rhubarb hand pies. We froze most of them so we didn't pig out.



So it was a rainy weekend and we were sad to keep pointing out the rain when James would ask to go outside and play golf. He understood though and was happy to try new things. Well, not really new, but different from his normal golf! Here he really really got into playing baseball. He is a natural athlete! He would hold the bat correctly and ask for us to throw the ball at him. He would swing wildly but rarely hit the ball. It was fun to watch him!





Lately, he's been very attached to his XL playing cards. Jim thinks he might be a poker fan!





Just a Blankie check. Here is the condition of James' beloved Blankie. Its looking really, really sad. He has chewed the heck out of the corners and its really gross sometimes. He's been much better about not chewing it and so the smell is so much better :)









My herb garden is doing pretty well! Here is some thyme, oregano, chives, and basil. They smell so lovely!



Grandma Laura gave James a great toy. On Sunday we beat the rain and went outside to blow bubbles. I can't describe the pure joy on James' face when he saw the bubbles and would chase them. He loved it!





















James might be a pool shark too. Just recently Jim gave James his tiny pool cue back (it was broken last year but now glued back together) and James loves playing pool. He taps the balls with the cue. Another good rainy day activity!











I taught James how to roll the step stool around the pool table. He's now able to access any of the pockets.



Yay! James bakes! I measured out the ingredients and had James help me make peach muffins.

James added the eggs.



Buttermilk.



Or maybe this was the eggs. I forget.



Stir it up.



Add the diced peaches.



Spoon the mixture into muffin cups.



Add some superfine sugar to the tops.



Bake for 25 minutes.



Eat cookies in the meanwhile because 25 minutes is too long to wait!





Watch and learn golf.



Check email like Mama and Dada.



So I enjoyed my last day of school yesterday. I had a few students who wanted to take "goodbye" pictures with me. I love these kids :)

Lashay and Sirena.



Raymond, Brandon, Harvey, Ekow, Seyi, and Moki.



Me and Moki. I really worry about him going to the high school. He is so sweet and innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment