Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Twins Tuesday

Yay! Dada is home! James was probably barely awake when he greeted Jim this morning, but I know he was happy to see him. He talked about his Dada often in the day or so that he was gone.

Jim had a webinar this morning so I made plans to get us out of the house and out of Dada's hair while he worked. The Mall of America has Toddler Tuesdays and today's theme was the MN Twins so I thought James would like it, since its sports related. (Anything to get him interested in something besides golf!)

But first, here is James at the park yesterday. I didn't get many pictures because it was so hot.



James painted. Top secret project.



At the MOA this morning. I think the crowd scared James, he was content and happy to stay in the stroller, despite my attempts to get him involved in the activities.



He did color some baseball themed coloring sheets, but back to the stroller pretty quickly after that.



Some Twins employees were leading the kids in stretches and dancing.



I baked cupcakes for one of my student's graduation party tomorrow. They are Rainbow cupcakes, an idea I saw online. Using a white cake mix, I made five colors of batter.



Added one spoon of each in layers.





They look perfect!



So cute!





And the inside is impressive too!



I even thought the wrapper looked artsy. Of course Jim and I had to share one as an experiment, to see if they were worthy of a party. I was also curious to see the inside of the cupcake.




Something funny. James was so cute in the car, on the way to the MOA. I never noticed how many bridges/overpasses there are on the way to the city. James exclaimed over each and every one of them! "Watch out... a bridge!" at the top of his voice!! "There another one!!!!" "Look! A bridge!!!!" And sometimes we counted them, especially in Minneapolis where there were several right after each other. James loves his bridges!

No comments:

Post a Comment