Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Rain or shine

Rain or shine there is golf at our house. On this day it was REALLY REALLY hot. I took James outside even though I despise the heat. Really. Luckily there was a bit of shade from the tree and I sat and watched James. After about 40 minutes I could see that he was really flushed and sweaty and I had to carry him inside kicking and screaming. He didn't want to stop playing golf! He doesn't mind the heat. He's like his Grandpa Roger and Grandpa Frank like that :)





Wow! A construction vehicle. James calls all of them "school buses" because they are school bus yellow. I have tried to tell him they are trucks but he just argues with me. I have settled for calling them school bus yellow.



This is when I noticed he was getting really hot. I took off his baseball cap to find a sweaty red head.



Crying because I said we were going inside the house.



Today I made use of my herb garden. We are leaving tomorrow and I thought it a shame to let the basil go unused, so I trimmed all that I could and made pesto. I can't believe how much its grown in a week! My chives are out of control too. You can see the long pieces that I didn't cut, that's how much they've grown in a week too.



In another pot I planted cilantro seeds. James calls them "babies".



I bought two more basil plants and put them in one pot. I hope to make pesto weekly!



So tonight we had pesto chicken (chicken baked in pesto), mashed red potatoes with chives, and then steamed broccoli (infused with oregano and thyme).

We leave for SB tomorrow! Don't worry, I have a neighbor kid watering my herbs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment