Monday, August 4, 2008

Mama misses Dada and James!

I miss my husband and my precious son. :( I am in Chicago at a conference for work. Its really weird and hard being apart from Jim and James. I know James is in good hands with his Dada but its weird to be not a part of his life for almost a whole week! I received an email from Jim after he dropped off James at daycare, and all is well. James cried when Jim left him, clinging to his leg. I know that that's hard but the best thing is to leave quickly and Sandra takes over. Really, he stops crying as soon as he sees Sandra and the other kids.

I just spoke to Jim and James during dinner time. I had a moment in my hotel room before I head off to dinner myself with the others. Jim put James on speaker phone and I was able to hear his sweet baby voice. He said Hi! Bye-Bye. and lots of "yeah"'s when I asked if he loved Mama, if he was behaving for Dada, etc.

Four more nights... I can do it! I'm taking advantage of this time to sleep in (well, only today I'd be able to cuz we didn't have a meeting until 1:30pm- I slept until 8:30!), go out to dinner without a diaper bag, etc. There's three other Moms in my group, two of which have never been away from their children EVER. This is the longest I'll ever have been away.

No comments:

Post a Comment