Monday, July 23, 2012

Lego Master Creations

On one of those ungodly hot days we stayed indoors and created. James was the mastermind but I didn't mind sorting through pieces to find just the right ones for him. I did help a lot but I was impressed with his ideas and just how excited he was to create his own "sets".

Here is our movie theater. We used more Brick Stix to make a movie screen and even included an advertisement for Brickola!

Here's where our organization really came in handy. We were able to find all the little seats in one handy bin! Neat. The big trash can in the back of the theater is holding Skittles :)

 

Here's the movie ticket office. We used more Brick Stix for the "cash register".

 

 

The movie theater customers. James put me in charge of making popcorn and Diet Coke. When he gave me that task I had to ask him what he thought I should do, because I had no idea! He said, "Find a box for the popcorn. And use little yellow sparkles." He didn't like my first version but these made the cut. Phew! The Diet Cokes he created. I was then given the task of finding the parts.

 

Here is the Batmobile we created. I had the task of creating the bottom structure. James found the windows, the lights, and the top dome. He put all the pieces on and it was great teamwork!

 

Then I had the idea of making a pool. James got super excited because he had a swimmer minifigure! We made the pool enclosure and just filled it up with blue bricks. Super easy! He also made benches for the parents to watch- like the parents at Foss Swim School!

 

Our last creation of the day was the Bank. I was only responsible for the structure. I made the walls, included the windows he handed me (with the specific instructions to make them "drive thru").

 

I don't know how he knows about drive thrus at banks. I've never taken him through one. And I don't know he knows about cubicles. He created "The Boss" and gave him all the computer screens he could fit around the guy's desk. He also created a line of safes, and stuffed them full of the little gold coins and Lego dollars that he has.

Really super impressive!

 

James told me that this is NOT Grandma Rose's bank. Two reasons: 1. Grandma can't be robbed. 2. We don't have a minifigure that looks like Grandma! Hahahaha.

Love this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment